This delicious fettuccine alfredo is a go-to quick meal for busy nights. I’m sure you will be adding it to your rotation as well!
Yield: 2 adults and 7 kids
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 quart of canned chicken if making this a quick meal or 4 chicken breast
Pull out same day:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cream (heavy whipping)
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2.5 – 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- For the chicken, you have a few options. Use canned for the quickest method. Boil the chicken breasts in salted water until done for a quick method if you don’t have canned. If you have time to prep ahead of time, the chicken can also be cooked in a slow cooker. Just add the chicken, a quart of chicken broth, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Heat up a large pot filled 3/4 full of water for cooking your noodles.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the noodles and the broccoli and cook until the noodles are al dente (not soggy).
- Alternatively, you may steam the broccoli in a steamer pan with a lid set on top of the boiling noodles (my favorite method).
- While the noodles and broccoli are cooking, add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted.
- Add the cream to the butter and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add in the parmesan, stirring as you go. Continue stirring until completely melted and well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir and then remove from heat.
- Strain noodles and broccoli. Serve noodle and broccoli mixture topped with the Alfredo sauce. Enjoy!