Yield: Serves 6 adults or 4 adults and 5 kids (feel free to cut in half!)
Prep Cook Time: 30 min.+ 6 hrs. in slow cooker
Last minutes Prep + Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups macaroni noodles
- 7 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder + 2 tsp. onion powder + 1 tsp. seasoning salt + 1 tsp salt + 1 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs. ground beef or venison
Pull out same day:
- 2 T ketchup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking the ground meat ahead of time is optional. From start to finish (including browning the meat) is 30 minutes.
- If you choose to brown the meat ahead of time, refrigerate until ready to finish.
- Set out your very large skillet or pot and all nonperishable ingredients so that you can just dump and go!
30 (20 if meat is browned) minutes before you plan to serve dinner
- In a very large skillet, cook ground meat over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in: ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, seasonings, macaroni, and broth. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and simmer 12-15 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Return pan to warm burner and stir in cheese until well combined and melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!