- This dish should be drizzled over a side like rice or roasted cauliflower. See below for how to make roasted cauliflower.
- 1/4 cup corn starch + 1 T salt + 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8-10 chicken thighs, bone-in or boneless, skin removed
Pull out same day:
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- lg. pinch red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl add the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and then toss in the cornstarch mixture until fully coated. Set them aside on a plate as you go.
- Heat 2 T of the olive oil in a large oven-proof frying pan or dutch oven. Add the chicken, 4 pieces at a time, and brown on each side. As the chicken is browned, remove it and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining 1 T of oil to the pan and heat to medium-high. Add the sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper. Saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 5-6 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your side of choice. We love roasted cauliflower. You could also make white rice or plain noodles with a little butter. The chicken dish is wonderful on top of any of these options!
To make roasted cauliflower: simply chop 2 heads of cauliflower into florets, toss with a splash of olive oil and seasonings of choice, and roast on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 425 for about 40 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown.