The Best Slow Cooker Chili
Makes: 10 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 or 6-8 hours
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- (2) 15-oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 quart (about 30 oz. or 2 cans) diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 2 cups (about 15 oz. or 1 can) diced tomatoes and green chilis, with their juice
- 1 quart (about 30 oz. or 2 cans) tomato sauce
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat until it releases fat (4-5 minutes).
- Add diced onion to the skillet and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add minced garlic and seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add in rinsed and drained beans, diced tomatoes with juices, diced tomatoes and chilis with juice, and tomato sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt to taste and serve with desired toppings (cheese and sour cream are our favorites).